You are an aesthete, love web typography, pixel-perfect interfaces and friends or co-workers annoyedly call you 'the design police'? Awesome! We need someone like you in our Kreuzberg station! There are way too many design crimes going on here.
It would be good if you are inclined to innovation and change work. At co:dify we have industry-renowned experts in service design, design thinking, lean startup, and other 'hot'-to-the-industry innovation topics. The more you are interested in these matters, the more you will gain from working with us (check also below tags to see whether they fit your interest). Many of us have a background in academia. So if you need first-hand access to industry experts for your B.A. or M.A. thesis, you are also at the right address. Our working language is English or German. Most of the artifacts you'll design are in English.
Tags: service design, design thinking, change management, innovation management, lean startup, agile, digital transformation, scaling UX, customer experience management
Some of our clients: hidden champion German Mittelstand companies (especially those who build machines as big as soccer fields [sic!]), banks, semiconductor companies, and the ones in this list.
Even though your focus is on digital, you do not consider yourself above designing diverse analog media, too. As we are a very design-minded team, there will be tons of great things to create. What's already foreseeable are the following tasks:
- (Co)design a corporate design and design language for co:dify
- Create our new website and some backend applications (cool secret stuff we tell you more about in person)
- Design the interface and design language for some of our new services like PiratesInThe.Navy (backend, analog media like posters and card sets)
- (Re)design state-of-the-art analog and digital innovation learning materials, like posters, work books, card sets, videos, and the like
- (Re)design comprehensive Keynote slide sets
- Create white paper templates + design white paper on innovation topics
- You are an enrolled student at a (design) university or applied university/FH, favorably 'Interface Design' or with a specialization towards the latter.
- It's good if friends and fellow students call you a 'nerd', we are kind of nerdy, too.
- You know how to build/customize WordPress themes or are willing to learn the latter on the fly. You also bring the patience to deal with other people's 'non-perfect' CSS and code (we talk plugins, theme authors, etc. here).
- You love to look beyond the 'Tellerrand' of your study courses domain into the world of change and innovation within big corporates.
- We spare you the 'team player / initiative of one's own / ...' bla bla ... let's just talk about you, your learning goals and your portfolio!
Tools of the Trade
- XHTML, CSS (CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS), basic PHP and jQuery, WordPress theming (Divi)
- Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
- Apple Keynote
- Whatever else you'll need for your workflow
- We are at the forefront of innovating innovation management in big organizations. Join us and you join an exciting movement!
- Small and senior core team with no hierarchies: Work closely with, and learn from Elias (co-founder of the Education Innovation Lab, 10 years in design), Jan (18 years in design/innovation, initiator of thisidesignthinking.net and other initiatives), and Chris (one of Germany's top Circular Economy experts, innovation foresight aficionado).
- Get in touch with our big network of innovation experts and coaches who work in important positions in the design/innovation industry (we are friends with DesignAtBusiness, Service Design Berlin, d.Schools Standford and Potsdam, and DTX to name but a few).
- Work together with our amazing IT Systems Engineer who can tackle the harder parts of coding that might be necessary for your work.
- Flexible working hours and home office are possible.
- co:dify base in Berlin X-Berg = nice working area.
- We are also well connected in the Berlin (corporate) startup community: you'll make some great contacts. So, in the unlikely case that you won't stay with us, see us as a springboard! ;)
Oh, and please no novels in the cover letter form section. Just attach or link to your portfolio and let your current work speak for you!